WOW!!! What a weekend!
On Saturday was the Stake Relief Society Enrichment meeting. It was awesome we were treated to wonderful talks or mini classes. Then there were hand waxes and salt scrubs, and lunch too. I loved the classes. I enjoyed the class on prayer, developing talents, family history, and one really good one was on finding joy. (good job Julie!)
Then we had a nerve racking event happen on Sunday. Darren was called to be the second councilor in the Branch Presidency. I had a couple of ladies tell me welcome to the widow's club. LOL. But you know what I can truly understand that comment after yesterday. Darren's first day he didn't get home until 9 pm. He forgot to do his hometeaching, and people needed his help. But not all is nerve racking :).
Our Branch has some really great things happening to it to take it one step closer to becoming a ward. YEA! The priesthood was split and now we have a High Priest group and an Elders Quorum.
We are all hoping that one day the Branch will be big enough to become a ward.
As I ponder the weekend's events I am beginning to see why God told me that I need to stop going to school for a while. Why I need to be at home to care for the home and family. Darren has always told me that a wife and mother is the heart of the home and that she keeps the home fires burning. God has plans for this family. I have needed to be back here at home. The last few classes for my degree can wait for a while. I am where I am needed right now. I love the saying I have in my signature on my email it states:
"If we teach our children to love God and to love their neighbor we not only fulfill the greatest commandment, but we prepare them for all of life."
I believe this with all my heart that this is true. And I need to be home to teach this to my children.
Good Day All!
1 comment:
It was truly a remarkable weekend. I felt the spirit attending our stake on Saturday, and our branch on Sunday. I know the Heavenly Father is mindful of us!
Post a Comment